Sunday 30 September 2012

Restaurant Fish Castle @ Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya

This is one of my favorite joints around Petaling Jaya for Curry Mee. I have been to this place many times in the past, but never recorded it through my blogs as this food blog was a recent initiative which I had just started last month. 

Restaurant Fish Castle @ Damansara Uptown
This restaurant is located in Damansara Utama a.k.a. Uptown along the Standard Chartered Bank row, closer to the Starbucks end. It is owned by a local Chinese man but the workers are mostly from mainland China. 

Guarantee of Quality
There are three main specialties about this restaurant. Firstly, it is Halal and this attracts a lot of Muslim crowd here. Secondly, as per the picture above, they use 100% fish meat for their fish balls and other add ons. And finally, the Curry Mee is superb and you would be able to see this from the photo below.

Waiting for the dishes to arrive
Since parking in this area is a little bit of a problem, I usually visit at night. Just like the previous visits, today we came here for dinner too. Usually, I would order curry mee for me too but this time around, wanted to try something different and a few add ons. 

Crispy Fried Sui Kau
The first add on that we ordered was the above, fried Sui Kau. This is one of my favorite items here.It is made to perfection. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Lovely!

One of the best Curry Mee in town!
Then comes the Curry Mee. As you can see, it is loaded with a lot of fish paste, has some fried Sui Kau and the lovely thick curry itself....hmmm is mouth watering. This is definitely heavenly.

The Sambal that goes along with the Curry Mee
The above photo is of the sambal that goes along with the Curry Mee, usually served together.

Angel Hair Home Land Mee
The above dish was what I ordered for myself today. Not sure why it is called Angel Hair noodles, perhaps due to the texture of the noodles itself which is a little thinner. This was also pretty good but a little too light a dish for me. I perhaps, can have two of this. 

Fish Balls in Soup
The fish balls here is a must try. They are soft and fluffy, reminds me of the 70's. The soup is quite good too and definitely they do not use MSG.

Us having our dinner
On the whole, the food here is great. I have recommended many in the past and none of them had a complaint about this place. They have always thanked me for introducing this place to them, especially Curry Mee lovers. The price, is very affordable too.

Address: Fish Castle Restaurant,
106, Jalan SS 21/39, Damansara Utama,
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Tel: +603 7725 0462
 


Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200

1 comment:

  1. Hi, do you know where they have moved to? I missed this place so much!

    ReplyDelete