Monday 21 January 2013

ATC KOPI-TIAM Halal Duck Eggs Char Kuey Tiow @ Centrepoint Bandar Utama

I had a late afternoon meeting at Bandar Utama today. As the preparatory works took some time, I had to skip lunch and planned to have it after the meeting. The meeting was over around 5 pm and by then, I was already very hungry. That is when I ventured into Centrepoint Bandar Utama to look for some food. Most of the restaurants here had humongous menu and I wanted to try something simple. That is when I discovered this ATC KOPI-TIAM and the corner of the Ground Floor.

ATC KOPI-TIAM @ Centrepoint Bandar Utama
 At this hour, it seemed quite dull. That was understandable as it is neither lunch nor dinner time. Immediately there was this poster at the entrance that attracted me.

Halal Duck Egg Char Kuey Tiow
It was interesting to note that there was Arabic Writing on this poster and after checking with a few, it appears that though there is all Chinese stalls inside this small food court, it is pork free.

Quite A Number of Stalls Here
I walked in searching for this CKT stall but could not find it. Then I asked someone working there and they pointed me to the other end which is almost to the rear entrance. You can only see it if you walk opposite directions from where the majority of stalls are.

CKT Stall Tucked Behind The Fridge
Once I found the stall which was tucked behind the fridge, I was looking for a Chinese guy who may be manning this but was surprised to see that the cooking was done by an Indonesian lady. I was not sure how it would taste but then decided to proceed on. Placed my orders with her and specifically mentioned that I wanted the Duck Eggs version.

Then I took my place and a Burmese guy walked on to get my drinks orders. Requested for a Iced Coffee.

Iced Coffee @ RM 2.00
The coffee was thick and good but RM 2.00 was a little pricey. But hey, I guess thats the rate for 1 Utama.

Duck Egg CKT @ RM 5.80
Okay, now the verdict. The CKT was good, less oil, right taste with the right oomph. But it was not spicy despite we asking her to make it extra spicy. There were very few additional items bing placed here. For example, the cockles were limited to three of four, just two small prawns that were not so fresh. Otherwise if you rate it for the CKT itself, it was good and worth the price. This Indonesian lady has surely learned to make it right like a Chinese.

Address: Lot G-28, Centrepoint Bandar Utama,
               3 Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama,
               47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0730 - 2000 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment