Wednesday 30 January 2013

Cafe Berlin @ Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur

This is an entry about a new bakery called Cafe Berlin that has opened in Mont Kiara. Located in 1 Mont Kiara Mall, they serve a different variety of breads and sandwiches that vary greatly to other bakeries out there.

Cafe Berlin @ 1 Mont Kiara Mall
Having been established themselves in the expatriate zone of Mont Kiara, they had made the best decision to serve quality bread that is baked freshly as the supply depletes. I was told that on some days, they have to bake up to three times and baking is done in the shop itself just behind the cashiers' counter.

Nice Ambience
 I like the overall appearance of the cafe. It gives a very posh look as well as great cosy feeling. This restaurant is manned by two Filipino staffs and the boss and to me they seem quite efficient.

Display of various breads
The greatest differentiator of this restaurant is that they serve mainly quality European breads which include the famous German Schwarzbrot, Vollkornbrot, Brotchen, French Baguettes and Croissants, Italian Ciabatta, Panini and many more grain type of breads.

Variety of cakes & sweets
 They also have a variety of cakes and sweets. Having this restaurant at close proximity to my office definitely seems like I am going to be visiting them often.

More Bread
There was a considerable que at the counter when I arrived at that gave me time to take these photographs as I was moving along the counter. When it was my turn, the waiter attended to me and I ordered a Sandwich Dark Roll, a Redcurrant Raspberry Tarte and a Cafe Latte. Sorry I became too greedy and wanted to try one of the breads and one of the cakes. Here, once you place your orders, you would have to pay at the cashier and then self carry the items to your place. Only drinks which takes time to be made is served at your table.

Sandwich Dark Roll @ RM 12.70

Well, time to attack this sandwich. The bread was absolutely fresh and the ingredients used were of the best quality. Every bite of it was delicious. It definitely was one of the best sandwiches I have had in a very very long time. Honestly by the time I finished this, I was pretty much full.

Redcurrant Raspberry Tarte @ RM 15.60

 This was another amazing piece of tarte. Absolutely rich, no floury flaky taste and that shows the quality of the ingredients and it was heavenly. It just melts in the mouth. Absolutely delicious!

Cafe Latte @ RM 8.90
Being a real coffee lover who has to drink a cuppa before going to bed, I felt that this was a notch above average only. Definitely not worth shouting about and they should improve a little on their coffee. I can see that they have spent loads on their coffee machine and beans but something is just not quite right. Could be that the beans are over oxidised, just a wild thought as that can be a possible contributing factor too.

On the whole, this is a good place to head specially if you are in for some quality sandwiches and cakes. Some may rate that their price is expensive but I do not think so. It is quality that you are paying for and you would not be let down. I hope they maintain the same quality going forward.

Address: G-20, 1 Mont Kiara Mall,
               1 Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara,
               50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 6411 6496

Opening Hours: 0800 - 2200 Daily

Website: www.cafeberlin.com.my

No comments:

Post a Comment