Saturday, 9 February 2013

Aunty Aini's Garden Cafe @ Kampung Chelet, Nilai

As I had a meeting in Nilai today, I had checked on Google last night on some of the good places for food and this particular restaurant kept popping up many times. Curious, I decided to have my lunch here today.

Aunty Aini's Garden Cafe
This restaurant is located out of Nilai town heading south and almost near the Selangor state border. Good thing that this restaurant is listed in my Garmin GPS and it was easy to find it.

Aunty Aini's Garden Cafe
To find this place, drive along the state road from Nilai heading towards Sepang and in a secluded location and just after a sharp bend, you would notice this restaurant on the right side of the road. Parking is a little problematic here and you would have to just park your vehicles by the side of the road.

Garden Concept
The entire restaurant is in a garden concept. There is an indoor dining area and an extended paddock dining area. There are also a few secluded huts available for private dining. Once I was here, I noticed the huge crowd and quite a number of tables were already reserved. There was also some small tour groups here.Pretty fascinating to see all the ethnic races dining here in this restaurant. As it is a garden concept, it is not surprising to see black ants running occasionally on your tables and also chairs. The staff were quite slow to attend. I do not blame them as they were literally full house but a guy attended to me shortly thereafter anyway. The menu comprises of two categories of food, Malay and Western cuisine. It seems like it draws a fair share of customers here for both sets of offerings. This is from my observation while here. As I was in the mood for Malay food, decided to stick to that for lunch. Placed my orders and as usual was just observing around and taking photographs of the place.

Teh Tarik @ RM 3.50
Within about 10 minutes my drink arrived. I had ordered a glass of Teh Tarik. It was good for a Malay shop. Of course this cannot be compared to a good Mamak place but as I said, pretty decent tea. RM 3.50 was a little high for this but thats fine.

Also Famous for their Homemade Tapai with Ice Cream
Seems that their home made Tapai with ice cream is also pretty famous here and they have built a hut like ice cream station just away from the kitchen as you can see from the above photograph. I never tried it though but almost every table did order it.

White Rice @ RM 1.50
Well, there is nothing much to comment about the above. White rice is white rice. Now waiting for the dishes eagerly.

Kangkung Belacan @ RM 6.50
The vegetable dish that I had ordered was the above Kangkung Belacan. Since it was just me, I could not order many dishes. One thing here is that the portions are relatively big. As for this dish, it could be shared by three people lavishly. The taste, was good and my my, look at the vegetables, they are fresh and even after being cooked, it is still crisp and has not faded. Would I recommend this dish, oh yes I would. As for the rating, I would give this a 8/10 .

Assam Pedas Fish @ RM 11.00
This is the BEST Assam Pedas that I have ever eaten in my life. It comes in three choices of fish, Jenahak, Ikan Merah and Tenggiri. I first ordered the Tenggiri but they were out of stock and then I settled for the Ikan Merah. The gravy was thick and absolutely delicious. Spicy to the right level and infused wonderfully. The fish was also cleaned well.I do not find the price to be expensive as this dish is good for two people. I would definitely recommend this dish to anyone!!! Rating...10/10 .

It was very unfortunate that I could not try other dishes as these two items itself were a little too much for me. I would strongly recommend this restaurant. It is seriously a hidden gem and more should be spoken of this place and here I am doing my part. They do not even charge Service Tax on the bill. Day or night, this is a great place to dine with the family.

Address:  Batu 16, Jalan Sepang, Kampung Chelet,
                 71800 Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia.

Telephone: +606 799 1276

Opening Hours: 1130 - 1500 & 1730 - 2330 Daily.
                            Closed on Sundays

2 comments:

  1. Got to auntie's aini place thru ur blog.. Managed to talk to her n showed ur blog.. She's very friendly n talkative.. Haha.. She asked to update its not homemade icecream.. It's homemade tapai with icecream :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amri, that's very nice of you to show her my blogs and glad to know that you found the place through this blog. Would definitely make the change. :)

      Delete