Saturday 9 March 2013

Beanstro @ Marina Bay Sands, Singapore

I am having an exhibition at Marina Bay Sands Exhibition and Convention Centre and that starts at 11 am. Having missed the breakfast at the hotel and since I was a little early, decided to head over to the Marina Bay Sands Shopping area in search of a place to have breakfast. Well, despite being in Singapore so often, this is the first time I am stepping foot inside this place. It definitely is awesome. After checking at the concierge, I was advised to head down to the lowest floor near the canal where there are some cafes to have breakfast.

Beautiful View of the cafes
Well, when I reached the center atrium of the complex, the sight was breathtaking. That is when I sighted a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf outlet which had seats surrounding this beautiful fountain. Immediately, I decided to head there.

Beanstro's Entrance

My lovely seat by the fountain
This outlet of Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf call themselves Beanstro. Just beside the entrance, I was lucky to get a place right beside the fountain. Lucky me that a couple having their breakfast at this table left seconds before I arrived and I immediately occupied this table.

The Menu
The menu was a simple one. Not much variety but sufficient for a Cafe. Mostly Western Food which I am pretty much okay with. I placed my orders and then just sat and enjoyed my view.

The Counter

The Counter
I liked their decor. It was lovely and suited well with their original design and modern outlook of this outlet.

The Cutlery

Cafe Americano

Fresh Milk
Right after placing my orders, within minutes my Coffee arrived. Along with this they served some fresh milk and placed the cutlery too. The restaurant was busy for sure and it was well staffed in the forefront.

Beanstro Breakfast Platter @ SGD 18.00
Well, I had to wait 45 minutes for my meal to be served. Seems like they are a little under staffed at the kitchen. I was not alone to wait for that long but they were lucky because all their patrons were very patient. I had to keep looking numerous times at the kitchen when I lost my calm and the staffs knew well that I had lost my patience. Anyway, glad that I received my meal before exhibition time and that gave me another 30 minutes to finish my breakfast. The dish however was good. The breakfast platter came with grilled Baby Tomatoes, Grilled Mushrooms, Toast, Chicken Sausage, Turkey Ham and Scrambled Eggs. Not to forget that the coffee is included in the set. This dish was good and I have nothing to complain about the dish. I would rate this 9/10 . My bill today came to SGD 21.15 including taxes.

After my breakfast, I had to quickly run over to the convention centre for my exhibition. Though the wait was long, the beautiful environment did help in easing the burden of managing my patience. This would definitely be a great place for breakfast if only the service was pushed up to speed.

Address: The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, The Shoppes At Marina Bay Sands,
                 2, Bayfront Avenue, #B2-20/20A, Singapore 018972

Telephone: +65 6688 7001

Opening Hours: Sun - Thurs: 0800 - 2300 & Fri & Sat: 0800 - 0200

No comments:

Post a Comment