Monday 25 March 2013

Yeo's Bah Kut Teh @ Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur

Today is the first time that I am setting foot in Solaris Dutamas. I know, it may sound a little wierd that I have never been here despite my office being in Mont Kiara. Well with that said, I never imagined Solaris to be this huge and offer a great variety of food. During my discovery walk around the Lower Ground Floor of this place, I realised that they have a Non Halal food court called Eat Food Village. Even the entrance is of the Oriental style as you can see from the photo below.

Entrance to Eat Food Village

Yeo's Bah Kut Teh at Solaris Dutamas
It was during the walk around this food court that I discovered Yeoh's Bak Kut Teh outlet here. For those who do not know, Yeoh's Bak Kut Teh originates from Klang with it's first outlet being behind the Klang Hokkien Association and today they have a number of outlets across the Klang Valley. I visited their outlet in Damansara Utama a few weeks back and was utterly disappointed. To read more about that visit, do click this link. http://venoth.blogspot.com/2013/02/restoran-yeohs-bah-kut-teh-damansara.html  However, being a Bak Kut Teh fan, I am proud to say that these guys must be the first one to open an outlet within a mall. Somehow, I was keen to explore this outlet further and decided to have my meal here.

The Interior of the restaurant

Interior of the restaurant

Cutlery in Hot Water

The outlet itself had their own dining area and did not share seating space with the other outlets in the food court. I guess this must be a premium space. The decoration and furniture were of Oriental Style just like their other outlets. All the staffs here were foreigners including those at the kitchen. Even the lady manning the cashier seemed to be of Chinese origin.

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
Just like all their other outlets, the menu is standard. I just wanted to try and see if their taste differed outlet to outlet and hence very much ordered the same dishes as in my trip to the outlet in Damansara Utama. The ordering here was smooth and the staffs were very attentive, unlike their Damansara Utama counterparts.

Herbal Tea @ RM 2.00
The Herbal Tea here really looks and tastes like Herbal Tea unlike their counterpart in Damansara Utama. Here you get the genuine dark colour and tastes good. The price is higher by 20 cents but the quality is better. Must be the premium rent paid for this place. I would rate this tea at 8.5/10 .

White Rice (Big) @ RM 1.20

Here they do not serve the Onion Rice or any other specialty rice but simply the plain white rice. RM 1.20 for a bowl is a decent price to pay. Just like the other outlet, the rice initially came in a flat plate and I had requested them to change it to a bowl.

Lor Eggs @ RM 4.50
This very same dish was price at RM 4.00 in Uptown. Both places served very good Lor Eggs and I was thoroughly happy with the taste. I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

Claypot Bah Kut Teh (Small) @ RM 13.00

The Soup here is much darker and thicker
Here at this restaurant, you cannot choose your meat cuts unless you go for the bowl style Bak Kut Teh. I wanted to try the Claypot and hence it was a mixed cut, excluding the intestines as that is an additionally charged item. Well, the meat portion was right sized for the price and it had a few Tofu, a few leafs of vegetables, and two mushrooms cut into quarters and a piece of Fu Chok. That pretty much sums up the contents of this single portion dish.However, it definitely tastes much much better that the one in Damansara Utama. I was utterly disappointed with their BKT in uptown but here I was thoroughly satisfied. What a contrast. The broth was also the darker version and not the diluted soy sauce that was served in their Uptown branch. The price difference was a mere hike of 50 cents here. I definitely hope that they continue to maintain their great work and quality here and not let commercialization set in and allow their food quality to dwindle over time. The total bill worked out to be RM 21.75 including Service Charge. I would definitely return here again for my BKT fix.

Contact Information

Some of the other outlets
Address: FC2, Level UG1, Publika Shopping Gallery, Solaris Dutamas,
                No.1, Jalan Dutamas 1, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200

Telephone: +603 6211 9993  

No comments:

Post a Comment