Sunday 31 March 2013

Zakuro Japanese Restaurant @ Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur

Zakuro is a Halal Japanese Restaurant located in Plaza Mont Kiara. Having recently been exposed to Japanese food, I am slowly becoming a fan myself. Today, my friend and I decided to head here for lunch since it is located just across the street for us.

Zakuro Japanese Restaurant in Plaza Mont Kiara
It is located on the Ground Floor of Block C, right beside the Siew Bao outlet.

Interior of the restaurant

Cutlery
The service here is quite good I should say. Even when you are outside the door, a waitress would appear and strike a conversation with you and try her best to get you to dine at their place. Once you agree, they walk you to your table and hand you the menu cards. The Interior was definitely simple yet nice though not up to the level of some of those high end Japanese restaurants which charge a premium. There were also private cubicles as well as two private dining rooms for larger groups.

The Menu

The Menu
We wanted to go for the Combo Sets instead of going Ala Carte. They have two different menu's for these and the menu above is the Combo Set Menu. After going through the menu and having decided on our meals, we call for the waitress and placed our orders.

Plain Water

Cold Towels

I was not in the mood for Green Tea and just went with some plain water. They then also brought some cold towels for us to use. I wonder why this brand calls itself as Smart Towel. Could not figure out what is so smart about it though.


The above was the sampler which we received. I am not sure what it is called but surely all Japanese food fans out there would know what it is with just a single look. To me it was some kind of pickled fish and it was delicious. Of course they did not charge us for this as they were just showcasing their food and I just treated it like an appetiser. I would rate this at 8.3/10 . It was good.

Chicken Teppanyaki Set @ RM 17.00
My friend ordered the above Chicken Teppanyaki set and it is surely worth the price. At just RM 17.00, you get a Chicken Teppanyaki, Rice, Chawan Mushi, Miso Shiru and mixed vegetables. Based on my friends inputs, the food was good and he gives a overall rating of 8.8/10 . Though I did not taste this dish, I think it is five star in terms of money's worth.

Bento Set @ RM 38.00

Rice

Fish








 My Bento set was surely very good too. Though slightly pricey at RM 38.00, it is still worth the price to pay for the number of items we got. Taste wise, the fish was excellent, Sashimi was delicious, Miso Soup was good and overall it was a great dish. I would give an overall rating of 9/10 . Surely a good choice.

Overall the dining experience here was good. The total bill for today came to RM 49.50 including taxes. I feel it is 100% worth the money spent. The service is good, food is great, restaurant is clean and above all the price is just about right. I would definitely return here again and recommend this place to friends.

Contact Information
Address: C-OG-02, Plaza Mont Kiara, 2 Jalan Kiara,
                Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 6201 6636

Opening Hours: 1130 - 1500 & 1800 - 2230 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment