Friday 14 June 2013

Ipoh Road Curry Mee @ 3rd Mile Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur

Having been stuck in a massive traffic jam for three hours and reaching home at close to 11 pm, I was already very hungry. I checked with Angie and she too had not had her dinner and together we decided to head to Ipoh Road for some Curry Mee. This stall needs no introduction with KLites. I am referring to the corner stall in Jalan Tiong Hawker Center that has been famous for ages for its food. Once there, it is very easy to locate this stall as opposed to the other stalls. This stall is at the very end of the row situated closer to Mee Boon, another famous Dim Sum outlet. The other thing to look for is the crowd. The other stalls may seem somewhat deserted but this one would be buzzing. I sometimes think to myself if anyone has ever tried the other stall in the middle selling Curry Mee and Wanton Noodles because I feel that the Curry Mee there is equally good and the Wanton Noodles is better and it is cheaper too. The advantage that this stall has is that they also have Char Kuey Teow, Porridge, Mee Soup. In case you are keen to read about the other stall, you may access a previous entry that I did via this link :  http://venoth.blogspot.com/2012/10/curry-mee-3rd-mile-jalan-ipoh.html and I feel it is worth trying that place out, at least once.

Curry Mee Stall in Jalan Ipoh

Curry Mee Stall in Jalan Ipoh

Tables by the road
Well, this stall has loads of customers all the time and the tables are scattered every where, even on the road. As it opens till the wee hours of the night, it is also frequented by those who have finished partying at the pubs close by as well as those living around here who would be looking for a late night snack.  

Herbal Tea @ RM 1.50
As for the drinks, we have options of various Chinese Teas and also Red Bean Porridge. I chose to stick to the Herbal Tea and it was good. I would rate the above drink at 8/10 .

Curry Mee @ RM 4.50
I would say that their Curry Mee is good. Angie is a Curry Mee lover and she is usually stringent in her ratings and she herself commented that this was good and the curry was delicious. I too tried tasting it and would agree with her. At RM 4.50, I feel this is a good dish and I would rate it at 10/10 . I would not compare this to that of the other stall that I had mentioned earlier as that is a different recipe though that too would earn the same ratings from me. 

Soy Sauce Noodles @ RM 4.50

Well Mixed Up
I had initially ordered the Wanton Noodles but it was sold out and so I swapped for this. Honestly, I find this  to be just above average. The portion size too was quite small and it came with just some Bean Sprouts, three pieces of Char Siew, One Fish Ball cut into two and a small slice of Fuchok. I would only rate this dish at 7/10 .

Fried Noodles @ RM 4.50
This dish was quite interesting because the only combination that is available is the Kuey Teow and Mee. Even if you asked for plain Kuey Teow or plain Mee, it would not be available and I am not sure why that is the case. Anyway, I find this to be a little too oily but I must say that it had a good amount of eggs and a lavish amount of cockles in it. Taste wise it was good but not great. I would rate this at 7.2/10 . 

On the whole, this is a good place to get decent dishes especially when you are craving for a late night snack. The dishes are generally okay though not very great except for the Curry Mee but priced cheaply. I do not see that many places in Kuala Lumpur where you can still get a meal for RM 4.50 . Worth a visit especially if you are in the neighbourhood. 

Address: Corner Lot, Jalan Tiong Hawker Center, Jalan Tiong off Jalan Ipoh,
                51100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1800 - 0300 Daily
                

No comments:

Post a Comment