Sunday 30 June 2013

Restoran Asian Cibo @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

Located at the Street Mall, Cyberjaya is a Halal Chinese Muslim seafood restaurant called Restoran Asian Cibo.  This is their second outlet and the first one is located in Kelana Jaya. As I was passing by Cyberjaya heading to Kajang with my family, we decided to stop here for lunch. I used to work in Cyberjaya for almost 6 years some time back and I have tried most of the restaurants here but recently under the initiative of Cyberview who is the landowner of Cyberjaya, there has been quite a number of new restaurants that have been established. This is one of those new ones that I have not tried before. As it is a Sunday, the entire Cyberjaya is almost deserted and so was this restaurant when we arrived. 

Restaurant Asian Cibo in Cyberjaya

Interior of the restaurant

Us Waiting To Order
The restaurant was really huge. Business must be good for them to have such a large space. As the offices were mostly closed today, the usual crowd was not there but then there were two large tables that were being prepared for some tour groups. I believe the group is from China. Surprisingly, though they hold the Halal status, I did see beer being served to these tourists. Perhaps it is a Sunday and they do not expect the local crowd to come in today. Must have been an exception made just for today otherwise they would not be able to get their Halal status. All their staffs seem to be from China with just one local Chinese girl who speaks Malay. We were then handed the menu to choose the dishes. 

The Menu

Meal Packages

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
At a glance I can surely say that the price here is really expensive. Even their packages which cater for small groups are extremely pricey. I would just have to wait and see if the food portions justify the price. We ordered four different dishes which already seemed to have brought the bill above RM 100.00 . Just waiting for the food now. 

Sirap Bandung @ RM 6.90
We ordered two of the above drink.I tried it and it was nice. I would rate this drink at 8.8/10 . However the price is slightly on the high side. We also ordered two cans of Coca Cola and they come at RM 3.90 each. A glass of warm water which is what I had came at RM 0.20 each. 

Rice @ RM 2.00 per plate
RM 2.00 per plate of rice is definitely expensive, and that too for plain white rice. Its all standard size and there is no big or small. Looking at it, it's just a small bowl of rice. Definitely would not be enough for me. 

Golden Fried Bean Curd @ RM 22.00
Here comes the first dish. It is just two slices of Golden Fried Bean Curd with just some fried dried onions on the top to garnish it. There is no minced chicken on the Tofu and the broth was plain starch flour without any eggs. Come on guys, don't tell me that this small portion is to be sold at RM 22.00 . With sub standard ingredients, I do not think that this dish is worth it. With the five of us, it was just a small spoonful and the dish was done just like that in less than a minute. Taste was also pretty bad. I would rate this dish at 2/10 .

BBQ Chicken @ RM 24.90
This dish was daylight robbery. Nine extremely small chicken chunks which did not taste all that good for RM 24.90. The meat was also extremely hard and it definitely seems that this chicken was in the freezer for a very very long time. I would only rate this dish at 1/10 . I deliberately placed the spoon in the above photo for you to understand what I meant by the size of the chicken piece. Really tiny. 

Seafood Platter of Prawns & Calamari @ RM 50.00
For RM 50.00, I was really expecting a huge dish and all we got was the above. Come on guys, I really do not know what else to say. The dish was also extremely oily and the oil was somewhat stale. This dish was simply a disaster. I would only rate this at 1/10 .

Crispy & Fried Kailan @ RM 22.90
Though a bit pricey, this dish was nice. The Kailan was fried in butter and that added great taste to the dish. This was a good dish. I would rate this dish at 9/10 . You see guys, I am not prejudiced against you but the rest of the dishes that you served thus far were garbage quality. Seriously, those dishes are unfit for a restaurant. Having had the above four dishes, we were still hungry and I added another dish. Well, who would not be as the portions were miserable. 

Sweet & Sour Fish Fillets @ RM 29.90
This was the worst Sweet & Sour Fish dish that I have ever had in my entire life. It was really horrible. The portion size was much better but we just could not eat much of it. The fish fillets had a stench and it was nauseating with every bite. No exaggeration and that was how it was. Clearly it was some old meat that was stored in the freezer for a very long time. They must have coated it with flour even when it was still freezing and that had prohibited the flour coating from sticking on well to the meat. As they fried it, the flour coating had somewhat bloated and created an empty pocket inside. I would rate this at 0/10 . Seriously a bad dish!

I sincerely had regretted bringing my parents here for lunch today. The food was mostly below acceptable quality and that had ruined the entire dining experience. I would never ever return to this restaurant again even if I am paid to dine here. I wonder if their Kelana Jaya outlet is offering the same standard of food and also how the people of Cyberjaya have been tolerating this restaurant and the food. A must avoid restaurant!!!

Address: Unit A & SP-9, The Street Mall, Cyber 12,
                63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Telephone: +603 8325 1333

Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 1000 - 1500 & 1700 - 2200
                           Sat, Sun & Public Holidays 1000 - 1700

Email: asiancibo@unifi.com


3 comments:

  1. A very good review- very detail! Thanx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luna... You're most welcome! Thanks for reading too. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Venoth I enjoyed reading your review on Cibo!!! I somewhat feel the same way about this place too. I was going to give them another chance but unfortunately they eventually closed down. There are so many new restaurants in Cyberjaya now that it's getting harder to sustain customers - not only during weekends but weekdays too! I'm sure you frequented Mat Ayam Kampung in Domain while working here? That place too has lost its' long standing magic! :( Anyway I hope you'll visit Cyberjaya again soon and review My Taste in Cyberjaya. Same concept as Cibo and other Malaysian Chinese Muslim resto. I've heard good reviews from friends who have dined there but I haven't had the chance to try it!

    ReplyDelete