Tuesday 11 June 2013

Xin Xin Kee Bak Kut Teh @ Desa Aman Puri, Kuala Lumpur

Restoran Xin Xin Kee is located along Jalan 2/7 in Desa Aman Puri, Kuala Lumpur and it is famous among the locals here for it's Bak Kut Teh and Rice Wine Chicken. Having skipped my lunch this afternoon, I decided to have something heavy as an early dinner while on the way back after work.

Restoran Xin Xin Kee in Desa Aman Puri

Interior of the restaurant

Interior of the restaurant
This restaurant is quite easy to locate as it is right in the middle of this row of shops and Grace Community Centre is located right above it. The set up is quite simple and the restaurant is very clean. When I stepped in, I got a confused stare from the owner and his wife. Being a predominantly Chinese area, I must have been  the first Indian customer that they have ever had and the lady boss walked over to me inquiring the reason I was there and I told her that I am here to have Bak Kut Teh. It was a comical situation for me but then she was really nice thereafter. There is no menu card here for you to choose the dishes as this is more of a neighborhood shop and most of their customers know what to order and in my case, the lady boss was nice enough to sit with me,  explain the items that they offer and finalised my order. All this was done fairly quickly and then her husband went into the kitchen and started cooking. It was a very family like environment with their children around, though still young, doing their best to help their parents while doing their homework. It was a happy sight and it reminded me of the Bak Kut Teh shops in my hometown. 

White Rice @ RM 1.00
They have two options of rice to choose from here and that's between the Shallot Oil Rice and White Rice. I decided to go for the white rice today. 

Yau Char Kwai @ RM 1.50
The above Yau Char Kwai was also pretty good. It was very soft, fluffy and fresh. Being soft, it was able to absorb the soup and tasted pretty good. I would rate the above at 9/10 .

Yau Mak Choy @ RM 5.00
As for the vegetable, I ordered the above Yau Mak Choy. At a single glance, this dish may seem just ordinary but it was really good. The vegetable was really fresh and it tasted very good. I would rate this dish at 8.8/10 .

Mixed Bak Kut Teh @ RM 11.00

Closer look at the meat
I ordered the above mixed dish Bak Kut Teh. As you can see, it comes with meat & fat, Pork Ribs and Pork Intestines. The meat were really good cuts and was very well done. The soup was another affair that was memorable. I would rate this dish at 9.3/10 . I was also told that they do serve other dishes which are quite famous here and they are Braised Pork Knuckle, Big Bone Bak Kut Teh, Thousand Layer Pork Intestines, Dry Bak Kut Teh, Rice Wine Chicken, Braised Chicken Feet and Vegetarian Bak Kut Teh which consists of Bean curds, Enoki Mushrooms and a few more vegetables. I did see quite a number of people ordering these dishes and they definitely looked very delicious. 

An Extra Bowl of Herbal Soup
Along with the meal, I was also served another bowl of plain soup which tasted slightly different to the one above and this one was a little lighter. I would rate this soup at 9/10 . This reminds me of the type of Bak Kut Teh that you get in my hometown and I was very glad that I came here today. It has been a long time since I had a good Bak Kut Teh and this place definitely is one of the best places to have Bak Kut Teh in the Klang Valley. I am now looking forward to coming back to this shop again and to try their other dishes. Besides serving great food and decent prices, the hospitality of the owner is another thing to look out for. Keep up the great work guys. 

Address: No. 6-A, Jalan Desa 2/7, Desa Aman Puri, 52100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1100 - 2230 Daily (Closed alternate Mondays)

Telephone: +6012 220 6903 & +6012 682 9345

No comments:

Post a Comment