Wednesday 30 October 2013

Restoran Bak Ku Teh @ Damansara Perdana, Petaling Jaya

Restoran Bak Ku Teh is the newest restaurant that has opened up in Damansara Perdana and coincidentally, today is their first day of business. To reach this place, once inside Damansara Perdana, take the second turn left which would bring you to Friendscino Cafe and Burger Byte and you would be able to see this restaurant on your right. It is located along the same row as Restaurant 8888. 

Restoran Bak Ku Teh in Damansara Perdana

Interior of the Restaurant
I believe that this restaurant is quite famous from it's other two outlets located elsewhere in the Klang Valley as even on their first day of business, they were running on full capacity. It took me a while to get a table and throughout the time that I was there, customers kept flowing in. One, this could be the curiosity to try a new outlet or it could also mean that the food at their other outlets are good. Whichever the answer is, I would surely know by the time I am done with my meal.

The Menu
The Menu was just a simple one sided laminate. The service here was very efficient with the waiters waiting at the entrance, attending to customers needs almost immediately and everyone was moving so fast and it all seemed like a dance to me. When it was my turn to order, I asked them what is good and the lady taking my orders suggested to try their Dry Bak Kut Teh which apparently is their signature dish. I just went with her recommendations and added some sides.

Herbal Tea @ RM 1.00
The Herbal Tea was quite light and seemed a little diluted. I do not blame them should this happen on their first day of business as it takes a while to gauge the amount to prepare on a daily basis. Should this happen after a month, then that's bad. As for today, that's excused and hence I would not rate it.

Oil Rice
The Bak Kut Teh set here comes with the Oil Rice which is how it should be served. Nevertheless, to those that prefer White Rice, that too is available.

Dry Bak Kut Teh @ RM 13.00
Priced at RM 13.00, it does come in a decent portion size which is sufficient for one, even a heavy eater like me. The dish is mixed with lean meat and the 'spare parts'.The gravy was thick and it was well absorbed into the meat. It was slightly on the spicy side and leaves a slight vinegar aftertaste. The dish was very nice, in fact it was one of the best Dry Bak Kut Teh's that I have tried. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Onion Oil Tofu @ RM 3.00
Honestly, I do not know why this is called Onion Oil Tofu as that should be the dry soft one which is also there in the menu. To me, this is the standard Fried Tofu found in the Bak Kut Teh Herbal broth. This again met my expectations and I think it is rightly priced at RM 3.00 bearing in mind the quantity given. I would rate this dish at 9.2/10 .

A Bowl Of Dark BKT Soup
This again comes complementary as part of the set. This dark type of soup is not common in the Klang Valley and I was excited when I saw it as I love the dark broth. The broth was just perfect with no flaws and just like the colour, was packed with strong flavours. Customers are not limited to a single bowl and top ups are provided without a penny being charged. I would rate this at 10/10 .

Definitely these guys serve some excellent Bak Kut Teh and I am hoping to come here again soon to try their 'Klang Original Bak Kut Teh', Pork Leg with Vinegar and their Red Wine Chicken. Perhaps that time I would need to come in a larger group as I would be able to taste more variety in a single visit. This place would definitely be one of my favourite BKT restaurants as their food is good, price is reasonable and the service is very efficient. Worth visiting!!!

Address: 12A-1 (Ground Floor, Jalan PJU 8/5C, Damansara Perdana,
                47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1100 - 1500 & 1730 - 2200 Daily

Telephone: +6010 513 3353 (Ah Ming)

No comments:

Post a Comment