Tuesday 17 December 2013

O' Coffee Club @ Mont Kiara, Kuala Lumpur

Located in 1 Mont Kiara Mall is another restaurant called O'Coffee Club. This outlet is located on the Ground Floor of the mall and can be easily spotted once you are inside. This is actually a gourmet franchise outlet from Singapore and has two branches in Malaysia. The first one is in 1 Mont Kiara Mall and the other is in Fahrenheit 88. 

Indoor Seating Space
This restaurant has a huge dining space within the air conditioned mall and as I was here doing some work, I wanted to be seated inside rather than outside as it is more quiet on the inside. The outside seating is rather small with just two tables. Mostly their staffs would be seen having their meals here. This restaurant has a wide variety of different cuisines and the pricing is usually on the high side and the portions are rather huge. I would not say that I am a great fan of this restaurant but as I was looking for a quiet space to work with WiFi, this seemed like a good option.  

Latte @ RM 8.50

Comes with a Cookie
As I was busy working, I just wanted to have a drink and so ordered the above Latte. It comes with a small cookie and is priced at RM 8.50 . The drink was quite decent although I would not say that it was anywhere near great. I would rate it at 8/10 .

Set Lunch

Food Promotions
I did not realise the time passing and it had already become 1 pm. Since I was here, I decided to try one of their Lunch Sets. Browsing through the above promotions, I decided upon the Mutton Briyani. Their sets comes with a main course and a drink which is either Coffee or Iced Tea. 

Black Coffee

Milk
I choose the Coffee and it was served black with milk on the sides. Once again, their coffee was just above average. I would rate this at 6.5/10 .

Mutton Briyani Set @ RM 21.00
The above is the Mutton Briyani Set. It comes with Mutton Briyani, Acar Rampai and Nasi Hujan. The aroma of the mutton was definitely very aromatic and appetising. 

Nasi Hujan
I am not sure why they call this Nasi Hujan, perhaps due to the colours. The rice was under cooked and some parts still tasted very grainy. Nothing great, in fact I found this to be sub standard. I would only rate this rice at 4/10 . 

Acar Rampai
The Acar Rampai was very well prepared. I must say that the vegetables were fresh and they tasted good. It was also well prepared  and tasted just the way it should be. I would rate their Acar at 9/10 .

Mutton Briyani
The Mutton Briyani was excellent. The gravy was just about the right taste and the mutton chunks were very well cooked and they were tender. The only setback here would be the lack of potato's in the gravy. If they had added some potato's, then it would have been an excellent dish. I would rate their Mutton Briyani at 9.3/10 .

With the rice being bad, I ended up having this dish with very limited rice but finished the mutton and acar. I have dined in this restaurant before and had been faced with the similar kind of dissatisfaction. For a while, that had been the reason as to why I had not returned here. After a few months, I am trying their food again and found it to be slightly improved but still needs loads of improvement. They should definitely work on improving their dishes.

Address: Lot G-3A, G-5 & G-6, Ground Floor, 1 Mont Kiara, 
               No. 1 Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 2200 Daily

Telephone: +603 6411 0201

No comments:

Post a Comment