Thursday 12 December 2013

Room Service at Hotel Mercure Jakarta Simatupang @ South Jakarta, Jakarta

After my flight from Kuala Lumpur to Jakarta and then having stuck in traffic jam for two hours, I finally reached the hotel at around 2 pm. I usually stay at Mercure Jakarta Simatupang which is located in the South Jakarta area. Check in was a breeze as always with Accor Group of Hotels and that is one of the reason they are always my hotel of choice. I was really exhausted from the journey and headed directly to the room to rest.

The Room

The Room

The Room

The Toilet

The Toilet

Tea & Coffee Making Facilities

Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
Those are the photos from around the room. The hotel as always has never let me down. Their rooms are always great. As mentioned earlier, I was really exhausted from the travel and just wanted to have room service delivered to the room and then I picked up their room service menu to check what they have to offer.

Room Service Menu

Room Service Menu

Room Service Menu

Room Service Menu

Room Service Menu

Room Service Menu

Room Service Menu

Room Service Menu

Room Service Menu
Their menu had a number of variety which was offered. It offered Western, Thai, Italian food as well as Indonesian food. They also had a number of Vegetarian dishes. I then picked up the phone and placed my orders and was informed that it shall be delivered in a maximum of 40 minutes. Excellent timing as that would give me enough time to have a quick bath. The timing was quite perfect as once I was all ready after my bath and was flipping the channels, the room service was already knocking at my door. 

Nasi Goreng Ikan Asia @ IDR 80,000.00

Closer Look At The Dish
The above was the Indonesian Fried Rice with Salted Fish. If you do not prefer Salted Fish, then you could opt for Beef or Chicken. I would say that this was a perfectly prepared dish. The rice portion was very lavish, there were loads of Salted Fish and Eggs in the dish and it also came with some Acar (Vegetable Pickles) and one Rice Cracker on the sides. Mildly spiced, it would cater well to all races although I would have preferred it much spicier. Nevertheless, an excellent dish and a taste to remember. I would rate this dish at 9.4/10 .

Gong Sam Rod @ IDR 95,000.00

Closer Look at the King Prawns
This is a Thai dish which is the Thai Tom Yam Soup cooked with Sauteed King Prawns and Lemon Grass. I must say that this dish was heavenly. Truly one of the best Tom Yam Soups that I have had outside of Thailand. I am yet to find one this good even in Malaysia. It was super spicy, really delicious and can get you profusely sweating. For the price charged, it came with five really huge King Prawns which is very decent for a four star hotel. I absolutely loved this. I would rate this at a perfect 10/10 .

Overall, their room service was definitely good. They were above my expectations, delicious, relatively well priced for a four star hotel and the service was excellent. Highly recommended!

Address: Mercure Jakarta Simatupang Hotel, Jalan R.A. Kartini no. 18, Lebak Bulus,
                Jakarta Selatan, 12440 Jakarta, Indonesia.

Telephone: +621 75 999 777

Opening Hours: 24 Hours Daily

Email: H6680@accor.com

Website: www.mercure.com

No comments:

Post a Comment