Saturday 18 January 2014

Sri Nirwana Maju @ Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur

Sri Nirwana Maju is a Tamil restaurant that needs no further introduction to KL'ites. This restaurant is located along Jalan Telawi 3 in Bangsar Baru and has won not only numerous awards throughout the years, but also the hearts of their customers. I have been here so many times in the past and every time, I returned a very satisfied customer. Do note that they also have another restaurant in Subang Jaya.

Sri Nirwana Maju in Bangsar

Queue At The Restaurant

Patrons Waiting For Tables
Throughout the day, this restaurant is always packed with customers and there has been not a single moment when you could walk in and immediately get a table. At any point in time, there would be a long queue and this is much worse during lunch and dinner hours but despite the huge crowd, I must congratulate the staffs as they handle this very efficiently. Even when customers are queuing up, they attend to them and take their orders so much so, once a table is available, the wait time is minimised and food is immediately served. In a chain reaction, this works as a better way to handle the crowd as everything happens in a more efficient and seamless manner. Even today, I was here at 10 pm for a late dinner and yet there was a reasonably long queue ahead of me. Though the queue was long, it took them a mere 15 minutes to assign me to a table. The customers here are also very understanding and they know that to a certain extent, their privacy of conversations is compromised as you may have to share tables with other customers but the staffs try their best to cluster the seating in an organised manner. 

Interior of the restaurant

Interior of the restaurant
The restaurant is simple yet very clean. As most of the ordering is already done while queuing, the moment you take your seat, food is almost ready. There is a counter where you could pick seafood which would then be fried upon request. Do note that their portion sizes are all huge and do take this into consideration when placing your orders.

Lassi @ RM 5.00
Being a hot night, I decided to go for some Lassi. Here they have both the sweet and salty versions and I went for the salty version. Their Lassi, priced at RM 5.00, is definitely very good and I would rate it at 9.3/10 .

Banana Leaf Meals @ RM 8.00
Unlike other places where the Banana Leaf Meal is priced at RM 5.00 or RM 6.00, here it is priced at RM 8.00 but it is worth the price paid. There are a number of items that comes with the set and they serve huge portions of vegetables at the very first serving. Do take note that additional servings of vegetables is chargeable at this restaurant. This seems fair to me as even at their very first serving, the portions are huge and I believe that that in itself should be more than sufficient. 

Cucumber in Sour Milk

The Cucumber was wonderfully prepared and it was very fresh. The quality of their ingredients is clearly visible even without tasting it. I would rate this vegetable at 9/10 .

Long Beans with Dhall
Their Long Beans too was very well prepared. Unlike the normal style of cooking, it was prepared with Dhall and Ghee and tasted heavenly. I would rate this vegetable at 9.5/10 .

Fried Sliced Brinjals 
I loved their Fried Sliced Brinjals. It was wonderfully spiced and had a crispy coating of flour to it. This went excellently well with the curries and rice and was even good to be eaten on it's own. I would rate this at 10/10 .

Homemade Long Beans Pickles & Pickled Chili 
Their Long Beans Pickles was clearly homemade as it was of a totally different quality and the taste was just fantastic. The Long Beans was also very fresh and I would rate this at 10/10 . The Pickled Chilies were also excellent.

Papadams
Each of the set meals comes with a basket of Papadams. Per pax, gets a basket of four Papadams which is way more than what you commonly get in most of the other places.

Chicken Gravy
For the first helping, I had their Chicken Gravy. It was very well done and the spices were just right, though not too spicy. Definitely good stuff and I would rate their Chicken Gravy at 8.5/10 .

Sambar
For the next gravy, I tried their Sambar. This was good but not great. I have definitely tasted much better ones than this. I would rate their Sambar at 6.5/10 .

Mutton Varuval @ RM 7.00
I loved their Mutton Varuval. It was lean pieces of meat that were wonderfully marinated and prepared to perfection. For the price of RM 7.00, the portion was definitely huge and it was a treat to any mutton lover like me. I would rate their Mutton Varuval at 9.3/10 .

Chicken Perattal @ RM 5.00
Though not a great fan of Chicken Perattal, this dish thoroughly impressed me and I was truly amazed at how wonderfully this dish was prepared. Definitely one of the best Chicken Perattal's that I have tried and this deserves a rating of 9.7/10 .

Melagu Rasam
They only serve the usual Melagu Rasam here. It would have been better if they had at least one more variety. Nevertheless, their Rasam was good but slightly on the sour side. I would have preferred it to be on the spicy side. This Rasam deserves a rating of 8.5/10 . 

Well, what can I say, it was definitely an extremely satisfying meal and was worth the wait and price paid. I am very happy that the taste and quality has been consistent throughout the years and definitely hope for the same in the future. Definitely a great place for a good Tamil meal.

Address: 43, Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur

Opening Hours: 1000 - 0130 Daily

Telephone: +603 2287 8445

No comments:

Post a Comment