Monday 2 February 2015

Restoran Garden Deli @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Restaurant Garden Deli has been around for a number of years here in Tanjung Malim and is a sister restaurant to the famous Garden Seafood Restaurant. Owned by the same owners, both of these restaurants have the Halal certification. Despite being around for a number of years now, I wonder why I have not dropped in to try the place out. This restaurant is located in Taman Universiti just along Jalan U1. The restaurant is clearly visible from the main road and does not pose a challenge for one who is looking for the place.  Although both the places belongs to the same owners, this restaurant is not as famous as the other one. Never have I seen this restaurant being full house but they always seem to have a few customers at any point in time. As I was in town tonight, decided to give the place a try. 

Restaurant Garden Deli in Taman Universiti, Tanjung Malim

Interior Of The Restaurant

Interior Of The Restaurant

The Chicken Rice Counter
I arrived here around 8 pm and even then, there were just a handful of customers. Nevertheless, the flow was continuous. Most of the staffs here are Malay's and the kitchen staffs are all Chinese. The decoration was simple but the place was very clean. I did see quite a number of reviews on Foursquare complaining about the service level's here but to my amazement, the staffs were quite efficient today. Perhaps, those reviews must have been about the previous batch of staffs. 

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu

The Menu
The Menu was not as elaborate as the one we get at Garden Seafood. This was just a two page laminated card. The first page was entirely dedicated to their Hainanese Chicken and Duck Rice and the other side had a number of common Chinese Dishes with some snacks and drinks, all of which were Halal. It did not take me long to go though the menu and within minutes, I already knew what I wanted to have. I then waved over to the waitress and got my orders registered.

Teh Tarik @ RM 1.80
I ordered a cup of Teh Tarik and it was sent in an elegant looking tea cup with a saucer. Their Tea was nice, perfect level of sweetness and served hot. I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

Hainanese Chicken Rice Set @ RM 4.50
Though the drinks were priced on the high side, the food however was very reasonably priced. I ordered the Hainanese Chicken Rice set and this came with a bowl of Yellow Rice, Steamed Chicken, Clear Soup with some Chicken parts and some vegetable. For the price of RM 4.50, this is definitely very reasonable if not cheap.

Yellow Rice
The Yellow Rice served was very tasty. It had the right fluffiness to it and tasted good. I would rate this at 8.5/10 .

Steamed Chicken

Steamed Chicken
The Steamed Chicken was tasty but slightly hard and a tad too dry. I guess it was over steamed and the juices have just been sapped out. Nevertheless, the combination of the chicken and the soy sauce was nice. I would rate this at 7.5/10 .

Clear Soup

Clear Soup
Their Clear Soup, though looking simple, was prepared with the spare and waste parts of the chicken and it tasted nice. Slightly on the oily side, otherwise a good preparation. I would rate this at 8.9/10 .

Chili
I was disappointed with their Chili Sauce. Though it looked blazing red and hot, it was nowhere near spicy. In fact, it tasted very much like plain fiber. The vinegar too was very little. In a nutshell, this was a let down. I would rate this at 2/10 .

Dry Wan Ton Mee @ RM 4.00
I also tried another one of their dishes which is the above Dry Wan Ton Mee and this was priced at RM 4.00 . This came with a bowl of Wan Ton Soup and comparing the price against the portion, it is definitely very much worth the price. 

Wan Ton Mee with BBQ Chicken

Dried Wan Ton Mee
The Dried Wan Ton Mee itself was very good. It was a huge portion, the noodles were soft and good and they were lavish with the soy sauce making it a fantastic preparation. I would rate this at 9.3/10 .

BBQ Chicken
Their BBQ Chicken was just so so only. I have tried much better ones and to me, this seemed like it was made by a novice. Not to my liking. I would rate this at 5/10 .

Steamed Wan Ton's In Clear Soup

Steamed Wan Tons
Their Steamed Wan Ton's were fabulous. I was also impressed to see that they had used different clear soups for both the dishes tried. Both the Wan Tons and the soup were delicious. Thoroughly enjoyed them both. For this soup, three pieces of steamed Wan Tons were provided. I would rate this at 9.5/10 .

Green Pickled Chilies 
The Green Pickled Chilies too were way better than the earlier chilies. This was good and went perfectly well with the dish. I would rate them at 9.3/10 .

The Bill For The Day
Overall, the food was decent to good and the prices were very reasonable if not cheap. Definitely a good place to head if you are looking for a quick Halal Chinese Meal. Highly recommended!

Address: No.5, Jalan U1, Taman Universiti, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1100 - 2130 Daily (Last Order At 2100)

Telephone: +605 459 8898

No comments:

Post a Comment