Thursday 23 April 2015

Restoran Nasi Kandar Al Mahmood @ Klang, Selangor

Restoran Nasi Kandar Al Mahmood is an Indian Muslim restaurant that is located in Taman Sri Andalas, Klang. I believe that this restaurant has been around for some time now as it did not seem like a new restaurant. I was in the area this evening to meet up with a friend for supper and he suggested for us to meet up at this place. Since he is local and knows the area well, I just tagged along. He knows that I am a foodie and should he suggest this restaurant, then the food here has got to be good. 

Water Filter's Installed....That's Excellent Practice

It's A Corner Unit Located Along Jalan Sri Sarawak 14

Quite Clean

Curries

Outdoor Seats

Naan and Tandoori Were Available Too
When we met up, it was almost 11 pm. At that hour I did not want to have something heavy and decided to go for just some bread. The restaurant is a corner unit and that gives them ample of space and good ventilation inside the restaurant. I was impressed to see the that they had installed additional water filters. This restaurant must be owned by a responsible and health conscious person for him to go the extra mile to install these additional water filters. In most Indian Muslim restaurants, the place get's rather dirty by around this hour and I was impressed with the level of cleanliness, both inside and outside the restaurant. Have to applaud them for the upkeep of the place.  The staffs were attentive to customers' needs and the moment we took our seats, we were immediately attended to. That's good customer service.

Black Coffee

Teh Tarik
The drinks were sent to our tables very quickly too. My friend had some Black Coffee and I went for a glass of Teh Tarik. I must confess that the Teh Tarik was excellent. They had not used stale Tea Dust and the person fixing the drink had ensured that it was a rich glass of tea. Definitely one of the better Teh Tarik's in town and I would rate this at 9.5/10 . I did not taste the Black Coffee but according to my friend, it was pretty good too. 

Chapati Set
We both had the same Chapati sets each and this came with some Dhall and Mint Chutney on the sides. Mint Chutney is something that is quite rare these days and I was very happy to learn that they serve it here. 

Chapati
For an Indian Muslim restaurant, I must say that they make some good Chapati's and this was made using whole wheat flour. It was soft, fluffy and served hot. Definitely not something that was made hours earlier. I would rate this at 9.3/10 .

Dhall
Their Dhall curry was also amazing. It was on the thicker side and just look at the preparation, it's made with lavish amounts of ingredients and spices and was just perfect for the Chapati. In most restaurants, they would just serve the Chapati with the very same Sambar that was prepared with the other curries. Here, they have this gravy dedicated for the Chapati's and that's just awesome. I would rate this Dhall curry at 8.5/10 . 

Mint Chutney
This was another excellent preparation. The Mint Chutney was thick and not the diluted version and most importantly, it was fresh. Mint Chutney is something that's very rare these days and is mostly only found in Punjabi restaurants. Once again, these guys amazed me by having this chutney here and it was just delicious. I would rate this at 9/10 .

Fish Curry
My friend who eats here often recommended me to give their Fish Curry a try and it was absolutely delicious. It would not be a joke if I said that I literally scooped the curry up like some soup. One of the best Fish Curry's served in a restaurant. Tasted very much like a homemade preparation. I would rate this at 9.8/10 .

Tandoori Chicken

Tandoori Chicken

Some Lime, Onions and Cucumber
We also ordered a plate of Tandoori Chicken and this was prepared by a Pakistani guy. Their Tandoori Chicken was good but I have definitely tasted better ones. It was rich in spices but would have been better if it was a little more moist. This was a little on the dry side and as such, was not able to bring out the juiciness of the meat itself. Otherwise, a good one and I would rate this at 7/10 .

Except for the Tandoori Chicken, everything else that we tried this evening was awesome. If you happen to be in the vicinity, then this would be a place that I would highly recommend!

Address: Jalan Sri Sarawak 14, Taman Sri Andalas, 
                41200 Klang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0630 - 0030 Daily

2 comments:

  1. The mint chutney looks so tempting! In fact, if I myself had eaten there I would have slurped up all the curries! LOL
    really good find, Venoth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I hope that you do get an opportunity to try this place out sometime DeNiSe . :)

      Delete