Monday 30 January 2017

Ah Dee's Sarawak Kolo Mee @ Kota Damansara, Selangor

At the moment, I am working on a project with a client based in Kota Damansara and as such, you'd be seeing quite a number of entries in the coming weeks from this locality. And this very same client is the one who had recommended me to try Ah Dee's Sarawak Kolo Mee. Apparently, it is quite good and tastes quite similar to the one's that you get in Sarawak. Based on his recommendation, here I am this afternoon for lunch. 

Ah Dee's Sarawak Kolo Mee Stall


Restoran Big Family in Kota Damansara
This outlet is located in Restoran Big Family which is in Taman Industri Sungai Buloh. A place that is very close to the old Sungai Buloh Road which is also known as Selangor Green Lane. Parking is a huge problem here. So if you're here for lunch, do be prepared to walk quite a distance.

Variety Of Sarawak Kolo Mee Offered

Variety Of Sarawak Kolo Mee Offered

Variety Of Sarawak Kolo Mee Offered

Contact Details
It seems like every single stall in this restaurant is doing very well and the place is buzzing with customers. Ah Dee's stall was no exception. Even to place the orders, I had to wait for a couple of minutes just for my turn to register my orders. He only has one noodle variety which is the Sarawak Kolo Mee. The variety is basically the type of add on ingredients that one would like to have and that decides the price of the dish. Nothing complicated as he has pictures with description pasted on the stall and that makes the ordering process much simpler. 

Sarawak Kolo Mee with Minced Pork & Char Siew @ RM 6.00
Having placed my orders, I did have to wait close to twelve minutes for my food to arrive. For a simple stall concept, that is quite a wait but I do not blame him. The crowd was such. When the dish arrived, I immediately realised that my client has definitely not tasted Kolo Mee in Sarawak as this seemed like it but not quite like it. 

Noodles Was Good
The portion was decent but not sufficient to satisfy someone with a big appetite like me. The noodles were tasty. It was moist and nice but at the same time I felt that it was too moist as an overall dish and that may have brought down the taste. His Char Siew again wasn't great. It was just another Char Siew. 

Minced Pork
Minced Pork is the main ingredient for this dish and I felt that it was too moist. It should be a little dry and mildly crunchy. As an overall dish, I would give this a 6/10. Nah, I would not be recommending this to anyone unless you're really in the mood for this dish and happened to be in the vicinity. I have tasted much better ones in Damansara Perdana which is a mere 15 minutes drive from here. 

Clear Soup
This dish was also served with a small bowl of clear soup. Again, nothing much to shout about. Just another clear soup it was and I'd probably give it a 6/10 as well. 

I will definitely come back to this restaurant as there is so much food to be explored but I doubt if I would come back for this Sarawak Kolo Mee. It surely wasn't one that I had enjoyed. 

Address: 65, Lorong TSB 10A, Taman Industri Sungai Buloh, 47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 0900 - 1500 Daily

2 comments:

  1. Now an afternoon, schooling has modified its manner in assessment of antique generation’s manner of training. New often updated blogs and net websites let you undertake a one-of-a-kind manner to research in another way. Japanese restaurant in Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just took over his stall would you like to try mine instead?

    ReplyDelete