Wednesday 18 January 2017

Star Briani Bistro (2nd Branch) @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Late last year, I had blogged about this place when they first started up in town and business has been very good for them to the extend that they have started the second outlet and this one is located in Taman Malim Indah, Tanjung Malim. For those who are not familiar with this residential area, this is located along Jalan Ketoyong, right opposite the Old Folks Home. 

Outdoor Seating

Indoor Seating
Previously, the late Mr. Hari used to run this place where the second outlet has been started. When he had passed on, these guys took over the business. Practically, everything that you see here is handed over from the previous owners. In a way, I guess that is quite convenient as they could straight away get on with business. This restaurant is open daily from 7.00 am till midnight. Occasionally, they would close on Saturdays. 

Vegetarian Lunch @ RM 3.50
As mentioned previously in another blog entry on their other restaurant, I would recommend skipping their non vegetarian dishes as it wasn't that good. Since all cooking is done centrally, I wouldn't expect a change in taste at this outlet.  However, I simply love their vegetarian dishes and that is the reason I have decided to go on a vegetarian feast this afternoon. As you can see from the above photograph, they do have a good variety to choose from and their vegetarian offering is not limited to the above. My choice of dishes for this afternoon were Pulichakeerai Curry, Thanichaar, Spicy Tofu Sambal, Radish, Snake Gourd Perattal, Bitter Gourd Perattal and Rasam. All this for just RM 3.50 and that's a steal!

Thannichaar
Thannichaar is one of my favourite curries and these guy's just nailed it. It was thick and not the watery version that we occasionally get at some restaurants and came with lots greens and dhall. Perfect taste wise too and I would definitely give this a 9/10. 

Pulichakeerai
Pulichakeerai was another excellent preparation. Typically a sour gravy with a hint of spiciness. I absolutely enjoyed it and would give this a 9/10 as well. 

Radish Perattal

Snake Gourd Perattal

Bitter Gourd Perattal
All three vegetables that I had tried were superb and there was nothing that I could find fault with any one of them. Each and every item was excellent and I can't see either one scoring lower than the other. For me, I would give them all a 9/10 as well. 

Tofu Sambal
If you're one who can't handle spicy food, then this is not for you. The Tofu was cut to small square cubes and served in a thick spicy gravy. Some restaurants make this sweet and spicy but these guys kept it solely spicy and it was good for a change. Yes, this too deserves a 9/10. 

Rasam
Their Rasam was the only one that was not up to the mark. It wasn't bad but it just was not as good as the rest. I feel that it lacked spices. Tasted okay but that satisfaction factor wasn't there. This I would give a 6/10.

Overall, the meal was excellent. If you're in for a vegetarian feast, do give these guy's a try and satisfaction is guaranteed. For the kind of meal that I had this afternoon, if only I had the same in Kuala Lumpur, it would have cost me much more than this. Yes, I am definitely coming back for more soon!

Address: Taman Malim Indah, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 0000 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment