Thursday 23 March 2017

Green Banana Leaf Restaurant @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

Green Banana Leaf is located in Shaftsbury Square, one of those malls in Cyberjaya that is located in Cyber 6 area. They have been there for a few years now, if I remember correctly they opened up along with this mall some 3 years back. 

Located On The Ground Floor

Interior Of The Restaurant
This restaurant is located on the Ground Floor of this mall and can be easily seen from the main street. Parking can be a hassle here as there's limited outdoor parking and that would mean that you would need to park in the closed multi tier parking. The problem with that is you would need to have a Touch N Go card. If you have that, then it's quite convenient. Parking by the road side is risky as well as Majlis Daerah Sepang does tow the car's away every now and then. Coming back to this restaurant, though it looked very bright and nice from the outside, it was very gloomy and dark on the inside. The staffs were also not cooperative and they were putting on a sour face. It's like they see you but they don't and most of them tend to turn away even when you try very hard to get their attention. Finally, one guy from the kitchen came out and served me. I wasn't sure if it was only me but shortly, my theory was confirmed. A few more patrons arrived and they too were given the same treatment, and that too during peak lunch hours. 

Banana Leaf  Rice Meal @ RM 8.00
After the huge struggle, finally my meal was served. This Basic Banana Leaf Rice Meal was priced at RM 8.00 and it came with some rice, Sambar, Venthaya Kulambu, 3 vegetables, Appalam and Kesari. I would say that the price is reasonable as you get three vegetables plus a desert in an air-conditioned restaurant. 




The vegetables were generally quite tasty and they were fresh as well. Based on the three veggies that I tasted, I would give them a 8/10. 

Sambar

Venthaya Kulambu

Rasam
The gravies were very good as well. The Sambar was nice and it came with lots of potatoes. Their Venthaya Kulambu was a winner. It was one of the best ones that I have had, very close in taste to what Maalini's in Puchong does. That's a highly recommended gravy to have here. Rasam was good as well and I found it to be better than those that we usually get. Ratings wise, I would give their Sambar 7/10, Venthaya Kulambu 10/10 and Rasam 9/10. 

Kesari
Though it was a complimentary desert, they were very generous with the ghee and as a result, it tasted pretty good. This, I would rate at 9/10. 

I am very impressed with the food here, the gravies especially. Those were truly impressive. The vegetables were good and so was the Kesari. I haven't tasted the non vegetarian dishes and thus am unable to comment on those. However, the service was surely horrible. I am yet to come across a restaurant that has staffs that behave in such a manner. It was as if customers were a nuisance and were solely there to disrupt their peace. Even when they were serving the food, there was no etiquette. They were literally chucking the food items on the leaf and were just waiting for the opportunity to leave the customer. Personally, I doubt if I would return. Being a paying customer, I would expect a certain level courteousness and not to be treated like this.Nevertheless, food is surely good.

Address: P1-17, Shaftsbury Square, Persiaran  Multimedia, Cyber 6, 
                 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 0800 - 2230 Daily 

No comments:

Post a Comment