Tuesday 21 March 2017

Restoran Gulam Maju @ Kajang, Selangor

Gulam Maju is an Indian Muslim restaurant that is located on the ground floor of Mewah 9 Residence which is in Taman Bukit Mewah, Kajang. It may seem like just another ordinary restaurant but this is the only restaurant in this vicinity that caters for easily over a 1,000 houses. 

The Restaurant At Mewah 9 Residence

Indoor And Outdoor Seating Available
The restaurant is quite simple in design and is usually manned by three staffs. All three are Bangladeshi's and you'd be surprised to learn that all cooking is done by them, except for the rice and curries that comes from the other outlet. Being the sole restaurant in this area, they are open 24 hours daily. 

Maggi Curry
The first dish that I tried at this restaurant was their Maggi Curry. Somehow it tasted quite odd for me as it had a sweet aftertaste. I am not sure what else the guy added that brought about such a taste but it didn't feel normal. Ingredients wise, it's all the common items that we would usually find. I would probably give this a 7/10. 

Rice & Curries
The above consists of Rice, Fish Curry, Fried Bitter Gourd, Fried Fish and a piece of Fried Chicken. The Fried Fish was above average only, nothing much to shout about. The Fried Chicken seemed like an overnight one which I was not too happy about. The Fried Bitter Gourd was good. Crispy and the spices were just perfect. The Fish Curry was excellent. A very good one I would say. If I were to rate these, I'd give the Fish a 6/10, the Chicken a 3/10, the Bitter Gourd a 8/10 and the Fish Curry a 9/10. 

Mee Goreng
Their Mee Goreng was very nice. I was definitely surprised that a Bangladeshi had mastered this skill. It was more on the wet style of preparation, mildly sweet and mildly spicy, and  surely a good plate of Mee Goreng. This I would rate at 8/10. 

In summary, I would definitely return for their Mee Goreng and Fish Curry. And to add to this, a few days back, I also had their Nasi Goreng and it was excellent. If I was to rate that, I'd give it a 9/10 as well. Unfortunately, my phone battery went flat and I couldn't take pictures. Drinks wise, those too are quite nice. If only they improve in terms of the variety of curries, then definitely business would be way better. 

Address: G1, Mewah 9 Residence, Jalan Bukit Mewah 9/1, Taman Bukit Mewah,  
                43500 Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening  Hours: 24 Hours 

1 comment:

  1. At some point couple of instructive websites turn out to be extremely useful while getting applicable and new data identified with your focused on zone. As I discovered this blog and welcome the data conveyed to my database. Japanese noodle in St Paul

    ReplyDelete