Wednesday 19 April 2017

India Gate @ Cyberjaya, Selangor

In the past few weeks, I have already blogged about four Indian restaurants in Cyberjaya and still, I have so many more to visit. And amidst all that, here's another new Indian restaurant that had opened it's doors two weeks back. 

India Gate in Shaftsbury Square


Beautiful Mughal Style Decor

Lovely Ambiance

Quality Cutlery
This restaurant is located in Shaftsbury Square and is on the Ground Floor facing the main trunk road. They have a good variety of dishes, mostly being North Indian food items, South Indian Thali Meals and some Chettinad Dishes. Prices were quite reasonable bearing in mind the kind of set up that they have put in place. The entire restaurant was air-conditioned and I loved the Mughal style decoration. The staffs still seemed like they needed a little more time before they could come up to speed, nevertheless they were giving it their best and were very friendly. 

Aloo Parata @ RM 5.00 each
There were a handful of tables that were occupied this evening even though it was a working day and despite that, they didn't take too long to prepare the dishes. All food items are made from scratch when ordered. Only during lunch hours, they precook their North Indian Thali and South Indian Thali Meals. The rest are all cooked based on orders. I ordered Aloo Parata and this was priced at RM 5.00 each. What you see in the above basket is two pieces of the same. The Parata was quite huge and if you're a light eater, I would recommend going for one only. I loved the potato stuffings as it was beautifully infused with spices. Even the bread was so soft and tasty. This is one of those Aloo Parata's that I could eat on it's own. Truly good and I would rate this at 9/10. 

Fish Tikka Masala @ RM 19.90
Their Fish Tikka Masala was another excellent dish. Decent cube sized cuts of fish were cooked in this extremely delicious gravy. The gravy was thick, mildly sour and it was just perfect. Good to go with even rice. I would rate this at 9/10 as well. 

Mutton Chettinad @ RM 18.90
Their Mutton Chettinad was another delicious preparation. The gravy was spicy and I could get traces of black pepper and that chili, spices and black pepper combo was just awesome. However, one thing that I did not like were the mutton cuts. The had used huge mutton chops, each cut was probably about two thirds the size of my fist. It would have been better if they had gone with smaller boneless cubes. That is my only complaint for this dish, otherwise the gravy was excellent. I would give this dish 8/10. 

Tandoori Chicken (Quarter Chicken) @ RM 10.90
Their Tandoori Chicken was not bad. I have definitely tasted better ones and this surely has room for improvement. I would probably skip this one the next time I am here as there are so many other dishes to try. This, I would rate at 7/10. 

Masala Tea @ RM 5.00
Their Masala Tea was amazing. Loved the infusion of spices and it was very similar to the one's that we get in India. Just perfect to have this after a hearty meal. I would rate this one at 9/10. 

Bill For The Day
I would say that their food was quite impressive except for the Tandoori Chicken. The rest of the dishes that we tried were quite awesome. In fact, we returned again that weekend only to find the place to be full house. We tried a range of Briyanis (Prawn, Chicken and Mutton) and they were all good. Definitely a place that I would recommend. Good service and reasonable prices too!

Address: P1-17, Shaftsbury Square, Persiaran  Multimedia, Cyber 6, 
                63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 0800 - 2230 Daily 

1 comment:

  1. Good explanation with nice photos and clear to the point rating. The review was definitely helpful.

    ReplyDelete