Friday 7 April 2017

Restoran Shuma @ Jalan Pahang, Kuala Lumpur

Whenever I am in Jalan Pahang, Kuala Lumpur, I would always head to another place for good, home cooked style Tamil Food but my friend who also works around this area suggested me to try this restaurant instead. Restaurant Shuma is one that has been around for more than 10 years at this very same location. 

Air-Conditioned Dining Hall
They occupy two shop lots, one is open concept and the other is an air-conditioned dining hall. One may not be able to sight them from the main street as the present construction of MRT in that area blocks off total visibility. But if you walk along the pedestrians walkway, they are the same row as KK Mart. 

My Lunch @ RM 9.00
I must confess that the variety was good at this restaurant, both the vegetarian options as well as non vegetarian options. Banana Leaf Meals are also available but I observed that most people prefer to have their meals on plates. Since I was really hungry, I went for Rice, Chicken Curry, Chicken Perattal, Tofu Sambal and Sotong Sambal. This entire lot cost me RM 9.00 which I felt to be very cheap. Commonly, whenever you touch items like squid and prawns, the chances are you would have to face a double digit bill. But in this case, with chicken and squid, it was still RM 9.00 . That's shockingly cheap!

Chicken Curry
Their Chicken Curry was so good. The Masala had a deep impact on the overall taste and the curry was thick and good. Seriously some very good curry and I'd rate this at 9/10. 

Tofu Sambal
This Tofu Sambal wasn't too spicy. It was a blend of sweet and mild spiciness. I guess they must have used Tomato Puree for this dish. Nevertheless, it was unique and nice. I still enjoyed the flavours and would rate this at 8/10. 

Chicken Perattal with Potatoes
Another excellent preparation from this restaurant. The Perattal wasn't too dry, sufficiently moist and went well with the Chicken Curry, though it had a slightly different taste. The addition of potatoes was surely a welcomed move. Based on my taste buds, I would give this 9/10. 

Sotong Sambal
This Sotong Sambal was seriously some spicy stuff. It was very spicy, the kind of spicy that can get you drinking lots of water. But, I loved it! The squid was done perfect and the spices were just brilliant. Perfect to go with the white rice. I would rate this at 9/10 as well. 

As much as I love the food from the Indian Food Stall a few doors away, this restaurant also does some excellent food. No regrets coming over and the price was very reasonable. Where else can you get chicken, cuttlefish and tofu for under RM 10. Surely a place that I would recommend.

Address: No. 130, Jalan Pahang, 53000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0730 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment