Tuesday 2 May 2017

Restaurant Basil Leaves @ Kajang, Selangor

If I ask for one name that would come to most peoples mind when they think of Indian food in Kajang, that would be Basil Leaves. Over the years, this restaurant has brought itself to be in a prominent position. 



Basil Leaves  occupies two shop units in Kajang Sentral and the entire restaurant is air-conditioned. Not only is the place comfortable, it looks very posh as well. 













These are just a few pages from their highly illustrative and comprehensive menu. Very good variety that would get you thinking for a long time before deciding what to have. Their Friday Vegetarian Buffet Lunch is a steal as well. I have come for this some four years back and it was totally worth it. Besides the good variety, I must also congratulate the staffs for the excellent customer service. Very attentive staffs and a hardworking bunch. 

Prawn Briyani Set @ RM 15.90

A Closer Look At The Rice

Mixed With Masala Prawns
Compared to the one's that we get in Kuala Lumpur, I would say that their Prawn Briyani was slightly cheaper and the portions were comparably similar. Their Briyani Rice itself could have been better. I am not saying that it was bad, it was tasty for sure but it definitely has room for improvement. The Prawn Masala was limited too and that is another area which could be improved. I wouldn't mind if they up the price a little to fill this gap as it would tremendously help to boost the taste. If I were to rate this, I would give it 7/10. 

Paal Appam @ RM 1.90 each
In my opinion, their Paal Appam fell short of my expectations. I felt that it was not sufficiently sweet and even their milk dip, could have been more concentrated. I would most likely avoid this the next time. Based on my taste buds, I would rate this 6/10. 

Thosai Set @ RM 1.90 each
Their Thosai was simply perfect. It has been a long time since I had such tasty plain Thosai. The flour was just perfect and it wasn't greasy. I would give this 9/10. Their Sambar and Tomato Chutney were excellent as well. Both deserve a 9/10 . Their Coconut Chutney could have been better. I felt that it lacked spices. This, I would rate at 6/10. 

Egg Bhurji @ RM 6.50
Their Egg Bhurji was decent. For the price, the portions were good. The blend of ingredients were satisfactory as well. I would rate this at 7/10. 

Bru Coffee @ RM 2.60
Finally, capping off our meal with a cup of Bru Coffee. I must confess that it was so good, I was thinking of ordering another one. Perfectly balanced coffee that deserves nothing less than a 10/10.  

Our Bill
Generally, a satisfying meal it was. Prawn Briyani was nice, Egg Bhurji was good, Thosai and Bru Coffee were excellent. The only let down from today's meal was their Paal Appam which could have been better. Besides this, the ambience was excellent and very comfortable dining halls. Definitely a good place for South Indian meal in Kajang. 

Address: No. 85GG & 87GH, Jalan TKS 1, Taman Kajang Sentral, 43000 Kajang, Selangor.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2230 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment