Friday 9 June 2017

Warung Kita @ Bangi, Selangor

Having tried and being hooked on to Nasi Manggey that I had tasted at Warung Cikgu, I had started to have a fascination for this delicious Kelantanese dish. It was only after this that I got to know that there is another place in Bangi called Warung Kita which sells the same stuffs and I decided to drop by the afternoon. 

Warung Kita In Bangi

Opening Hours

Prices

Long Queue

Fried Chicken Bits

Nasi Manggey @ RM 5.00
Right from the concept to the food items, it was the exact same thing as Warung Cikgu which is in Bandar Bukit Puchong. This one however had more student crowd since it is very close to Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. I was here at around 4 pm and even then the queue was so long. Sadly, Kelapa Baldi and Coconut Shake was already sold out and so I had to opt for the other drinks. Concept is the same whereby you stand in line, pick up your food, choose your drink, pay for it and then find a place to sit. 100% self service concept. 

Sirap Bandung @ RM 2.50
Since my favourite Coconut Shake was sold out, I went for this Sirap Bandung. They also had some other drinks as well but you don't get stuffs like tea and coffee here. This was priced at RM 2.50 per glass and it was very good. So good that I had to have another one. My rating for this shall be 9/10. 

Nasi Manggey @ RM 5.00

Not As Spicy As The Other One

Mixed With Curried Chicken As Well
As for their Nasi Manggey, I felt that it wasn't as good as the one that I had at Warung Cikgu. This one was not as spicy and that was a let down for me. This dish is meant to be so spicy that it should sting you. This one however was a little creamy, mildly spicy and it didn't have the X Factor that I was looking for. Even their Fried Chicken bits wasn't as great as Warung Cikgu's and here, they had mixed it with some long beans, curried chicken and chicken feet which wasn't to my liking. I would rate their rice, curry and sambal at 7/10 and the Fried Chicken bits at 7/10 as well. 

Having been swept off by the Nasi Manggey that I had tasted at Warung Cikgu, my benchmark had been set high and when I tasted this, it was a disappointment. I am not saying that it was bad, but it just was not as good as Warung Cikgu's. And the variation in the mixed fried chicken bits with curried chicken wasn't to my liking. In terms of spiciness, this just wasn't there as well. It could be that this is a different recipe but Nasi Manggey should taste like Nasi Manggey and it has to have that sting factor. My vote is still for Warung Cikgu.

Address: Jalan Industri Sungai Tangkas 1, Kampung Sungai Tangkas, Bangi, 
                43000 Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 0700 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment