Wednesday 2 August 2017

Adam Tomyam @ Kajang, Selangor

It was a rather late night when most restaurants had already closed and I was looking for a place to have a quick meal. That was then I sighted this restaurant called Adam Tomyam that is located on the Bukit Mewah side in Taman Kajang Utama. I used to frequent Tomyam restaurants and it has been some time as well. Being a fan of this cuisine, I decided to give this place a try. 

Adam Tomyam In Kajang Utama

Typical Kelantanese Restaurant Design
Just like most Tomyam restaurants, this place too has both indoor and outdoor seating and most customers were seated outdoors. The interior is almost a replica of many of those Tomyam restaurants and the place was pretty clean. Ordering was a breeze. The only problem was me drying to understand the waitresses thick Kelantanese accent which eventually I managed to get a hang of it. 

Teh O Ice @ RM 1.50

Telur Dadar @ RM 1.50
The dishes arrived pretty fast and they all arrived at the same time. Their Teh O Ice was good. I liked the concentrated version of it and it was mildly sweet which was just the way I like it. As for this drink, I would rate it 8/10. Their Telur Dadar was good as well and came with decent amount of onions. Again, one that I would rate at 8/10. 

Ayam Masak Pedas @ RM 5.00

Kailan Ikan Masin @ RM 5.00
Both the dishes were good but not as good as the one's that I get in Tanjung Malim. The Ayam Masak Pedas could have been a little more spicier. Also, the portion of chicken should have been more.  But their Kailan Ikan Masin was decently prepared. I would rate these 7/10 and 8/10 respectively. 

Generally, Adam Tomyam does some decent food. Not to say that it was one of the better ones that I have tasted, there surely is room for improvement. Prices also seemed to be a little on the high side, at least when I compare to the ones that I get in Tanjung Malim. Perhaps, this is the usual price range in Kajang. Unless, I check out more similar places, I wouldn't be able to gauge this. Otherwise, it's an okay place for a quick meal. 

Address: Jalan Seksyen 3/8, Taman Kajang Utama, 43000 Kajang, Selangor.

Business Hours: 1700 - 0300 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment