Tuesday 5 December 2017

Restoran Claypot Junction @ Tanjung Malim, Perak

Previously, I used to visit this restaurant at least once a week but of late, I have not been able to visit them for at least five months now due to my work engagements. After such a long period, I am back here this evening for dinner.  I have blogged about this restaurant before when they first opened but that entry was solely focused on their Mixed Rice variety that is served for lunch. This restaurant is open daily from 10 am till 3 pm and then again from 6 pm till 10 pm. During the first session, they only do Chinese Mixed Rice and come dinner, they serve a number of dishes like any other Chinese restaurant and all the dishes are served in claypots hence the name Claypot Junction.


Contact Details

Cutlery In Hot Water

Chili, Garlic, Pepper & Soy Sauce
One thing that I love about this restaurant is the breeze that blows through in the evenings. Being a corner unit, they are lucky to have this breeze that blows through all the time making it such a pleasurable dining experience. Fans are least needed because of that breeze. I have posted their full menu on my previous blog post and I don't think that I would need to duplicate that here. They do have a good variety of dishes and sometime early this year, they had also added vegetarian dishes to their menu. 

Porridge with Pork & Century Eggs @ RM 13.00

Mongolian Fish @ RM 15.00
Porridge is one of my favourite dishes at this restaurant. Every time I am here, this is like a must order dish.  Just look at the amount of the ingredients used. It came with so much sliced pork, century eggs and ginger and the one that truly gave it a marvelous taste was the generously used ginger. Honestly, I never liked rice porridge prior to tasting it at Claypot Junction simply because of the flat taste but this one was something else. If this is how porridge would taste, I wouldn't mind having this on a daily basis. Each scoop was filled with a burst of flavours and it was served piping hot. Truly some marvelous porridge and it deserves a rating of nothing less than a perfect 10/10. As for the fish, we usually go for their Sliced Fish with Ginger & Onions. For a change, we went for the above Manchurian Fish and it was great. Fish slices were coated in flour, deep fried and mixed with a sweet sauce with pepper. Something really different. My rating for this shall be 9/10. 

Sliced Pork Belly with Salt Fish @ RM 15.00

Kangkung Belacan @ RM 8.00
Tofu with Pork Belly @ RM 12.00

This Claypot Pork Belly with Salt Fish was another heavenly dish. Another blend of ingredients that took it to another level. Thinly sliced pork belly, salt fish, spring onions, dried chilies, onions and thinly sliced ginger were served in a spicy dark broth.. Totally mind blowing stuff and I would give this a perfect 10/10. Another dish that I would highly recommend here. Their Kangung Belacan was decent. Portions were huge but personally, I would have preferred it to come with a little more shrimp paste. Otherwise, it was a good dish and I shall rate it at 7/10. Tofu with Pork Belly is another one of my favourites here. The silky texture of the tofu and the medium bodied broth goes so well. Deep Fried Pork Belly that was added was another bonus that added to the taste. My rating for this shall be 9/10.   

Our Bill
I have visited this restaurant so many times and their porridge has been consistently awesome. Their dishes are pretty good as well and I find them to be reasonably priced. If you love Rice Porridge, I would strongly recommend this restaurant.

Address: No. 1-1A, Jalan Cahaya, Taman Anggerik Desa, 35900 Tanjung Malim, Perak,                              Malaysia.

Opening Hours: 1000 - 1500 & 1800 - 2200 Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment